The River. Day 53. Buffalo National River, Yellville, AR.


In the spring the Buffalo National River is filled with canoes, kayaks and inner tubes taking advantage of spring rain and swelling currents. It's exciting, I'm sure.
But it's mid August. The river is low, temperature is hot and humidity is high. The river is filled with middle age people floating to nowhere. Drinking their beers (no glass please.) It's is an Arkansas thing.  

Not to be be outdone Keith and I headed to the River in our little phosphorescent $5 floaties. I envisioned a couple of hours in one place soaking up the sun. But no. Keith found the little current there was and we slowly headed down stream under the massive granite cliffs.

I wasn't worried because the River was so shallow we could walk back up stream.. NOT. Turns out it was deep in the middle and we had to paddle our way back up stream in those ridiculous inner tubes that looked like tutus on five year old girls. I don't have a picture so  instead here is a pretty picture of a butterfly that I think is the Arkansas State Insect.


Comments

  1. Lovely! And here’s my reading recommendation: https://www.fantasticfiction.com/e/janet-evanovich/fox-and-ohare/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laughing as I envision you paddling back in your “tutus”!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Passion Projects. Days 20, 22, 23. Marquette, MI. Duluth, MN. Vining, MN.

Tired, Itchy and Hot. Days 55 to 60, Lake Catherine State Park, Hot Springs, AR.